Easy access to employment for out-of-work electricians and available work force for contractor members.
Place employment ads in local newspapers when contractor members need to fill open positions.
Public relations for IEC and members
- Representatives are active in the City of Houston Electrical Board, C.I.C., NEC Code Panels, National Apprenticeship Curriculum Committee, and National Journeyman Curriculum Committee.
- Lobby at local, state and federal levels; Attend IEC National Legislative Conferences.
- Answer code and related electrical questions and general business questions from members.
- Coordinated monthly membership meetings, providing networking opportunities for all members. Coordinate membership outings, ie., New Orleans Trip
- Four-year Apprenticeship Program - Trade Show/Wire Off and Graduation.
- Special courses developed to meet the needs of our members, i.e. OSHA regulations, motor control and transformers lab, journeyman and master electrician exam review.
- NEC Code books and related materials and general electrical and business manuals and books offered to our members at discounted prices.